Friday, July 30, 2010

Earthquake!

Yesterday when I was in the kitchen we had an earthquake here in Colombia. I was making Noah a sandwich when I heard the refrigerator and what was inside rattling. We have had problems with mice and rats coming up from downstairs where they store grain, so I thought that I was hearing a rat. Then I heard Mommy say something about, "It's an earthquake." Mommy tells more about the earthquake on her blog here. - post by Sarah

When the earthquake happened I was standing up watching the china cabinet shake; I thought that it was neat. -- post by Noah

I was downtown half running trying to get somewhere by a deadline so I didn't feel anything. But I noticed a bunch of people gathered outside of a tall building with shouting and a lot of commotion. I crossed the street to pass on the other side, thinking that it was a fight or an arrest (common here downtown) and I didn't want to be caught in the "crossfire." Later I found out that the news said that downtown people were yelling and fleeing the buildings. It was a 5.4 in magnitude. Heather describes more on her post in Heather's Highlights. -- post by Phillip

3 comments:

Daryl Hausman said...

Glad that everyone is safe!
Can't wait to see you all!
Luv,
Natasha

Sherry L Dickinson said...

Wow! Whoever would have thought of your family experiencing an earthquake just before you headed to the States!
I am happy you're home! ( I HOPE you're home!)
lOVE,
Mom

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...