Friday, July 30, 2010

Earthquake!

Yesterday when I was in the kitchen we had an earthquake here in Colombia. I was making Noah a sandwich when I heard the refrigerator and what was inside rattling. We have had problems with mice and rats coming up from downstairs where they store grain, so I thought that I was hearing a rat. Then I heard Mommy say something about, "It's an earthquake." Mommy tells more about the earthquake on her blog here. - post by Sarah

When the earthquake happened I was standing up watching the china cabinet shake; I thought that it was neat. -- post by Noah

I was downtown half running trying to get somewhere by a deadline so I didn't feel anything. But I noticed a bunch of people gathered outside of a tall building with shouting and a lot of commotion. I crossed the street to pass on the other side, thinking that it was a fight or an arrest (common here downtown) and I didn't want to be caught in the "crossfire." Later I found out that the news said that downtown people were yelling and fleeing the buildings. It was a 5.4 in magnitude. Heather describes more on her post in Heather's Highlights. -- post by Phillip

2 comments:

Daryl Hausman said...

Glad that everyone is safe!
Can't wait to see you all!
Luv,
Natasha

sherryldickinson said...

Wow! Whoever would have thought of your family experiencing an earthquake just before you headed to the States!
I am happy you're home! ( I HOPE you're home!)
lOVE,
Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...