Saturday, August 1, 2015

A Dream That's a Challenge To Buckle Down In Prayer

This morning (7-1-2015) I dreamed.

I was at an inter-church gathering.  After the service Heather and I were at the back of the sanctuary talking with a dear holiness pastor and his wife.  They faithfully labor without pay in a church plant and are faithful servants of God.  We were talking about a problem with one of the pieces of church furniture on the platform. 

Out the corner of my eye I saw someone behind me so I turned with a big smile to greet the person.  Durenda Bley stood there with tears running out of her eyes which were red from weeping.  Her husband Lloyd Bley stood near her crying too.  Bro. and Sis. Bley are a precious Godly couple in Nebraska who are holiness heroes of mine. 

I felt silly being light when they had been crying.  I didn't know why they were crying, so without a word I raised my hand to take his hand and I just held it.  As I held onto his hand my heart began to be touched by God and I cried with him and I cried more and more with him as I held his hand. 

Then I let go of his hand. 

I suddenly and spiritually heard a horrendous, agonizing voice which cried out from somewhere outside.  It reverberated so loudly and so realistically that it startled me and I began to wake up.

I thought, "What in the world?  That didn't make sense." 

Then I was told, "That was the cry of the wicked who just died."  That was followed by, "And they (Brother and Sister Bley) are praying for the wicked while you are talking."  Then I completely woke up.   

"As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked..."  -- Ezekiel 33:11a

"But the wicked shall perish..."   -- Psalm 37:20b

"And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none."  -- Ezekiel 22:30

"Oh, God, help me to be faithful in prayer for lost souls, so as to help bring as many into the safety of Christ as possible."  Conviction upon the wicked comes through the prayers of God's saints.  May I not be negligent and let them go to hell, but may I do my part to rescue them.
                     -Phillip
                   

1 comment:

The Dickinsons said...

You're welcome. I thought of no one else who needed this but me. But since it challenged me, I thought it might help others also to pray.
I pray God blesses you all real good; we sure do appreciate you all.
Phillip

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...